Monday, February 21, 2011

"Seeing" It

(1.7.11)
(2.16.11)


My clothes are looser, my belt can be tightened two more notches, and my stomach doesn't extend past my boobs.

But, honestly there are days where I feel like I haven't made much progess. I can't wear the next size smaller (without having muffin-top). My stomach still resembles that of a 5-month pregnant lady. I was the biggest girl at Step class on Sunday night.

This journey isn't fast. I think that's part of what makes it more difficult to actually see the change.

It's not like chopping off your hair or dying it a drastically different color.

It's slow.

It's subtle.

And, I guess that's how I need it to be. I need to work for this. I need to make changes that are going to take time to learn and become routine. Changes that are going to last a lifetime.

But, on days where I am feeling lackluster about my progress, I am grateful to be able to look back at photos and see the differences. They are subtle, but they are most definately there.

I am shrinking Sara!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, get out of your own head!! You are going GREAT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so proud of you for taking these steps toward a healthier you!
    I get the frustration with the clothing issue - I watched the numbers drop without seeing an appreciable difference in my clothing for the longest time, and it was frustrating as heck. But it's our long-term health that's most important, not the number on our clothes...
    So, SO proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard somewhere that the longer it takes to lose the weight, the easier it is to keep it off. I think the less drastic changes we make it makes them easier to stick with long term. At least that's what I'm hoping :)
    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete