Monday, November 7, 2011

SMART Goals

I joined a challenge last week that will last through the holidays. Mary, at Fit this, Girl, is heading up the effort - The Reverse Resolution Challenge. I heard Mary speak last August at a PFG One Step, One Breath event and she was real, honest, and encouraging.

My journey has been flat lately, so this opportunity seemed like something that would be beneficial to me. I am hoping that by having Mary for accountability, this will get me back on track. Mary asked the participants to send her two goals (that follow SMART criteria) that we'll be working on during the challenge.

Here are my goals:

Goal one: better fuel my body by returning to tracking all my food and making sure that it includes 4 vegetables and 2 fruits daily.

Goal two: prepare for a half marathon in the spring by increasing my activities to five days a week - three runs a week (two short, one long) and two other activities (body step, body pump, or weights at the YMCA or workout DVD at home).

Did you join Mary's reverse resolution challenge? What goals do you have to get through the holiday season successfully?

No comments:

Post a Comment