Thursday, January 6, 2011

W.I.D.T.H

A weeks (or so) ago I read a blog about why JP is choosing to loose weight and blog about it. It was thought provoking, and made me rethink WHY I want to be on this journey, and why NOW I think that it will be successful. Do you want to know "Why I Do This Here?" Let me show you...


For my son. He is genuine and loving. This past school year he became a student at my school (where I teach) and he is so proud that I'm his mom - seriously, he tells everyone. I am honored that he proud of me, and I don't ever want that to go away. And, it's hard to be proud of your mom if she's the fat one - so I'm not going to be.

For my daughter. I want her to grow up knowing what it means to be healthy. Not dieting. Not being addicted to food. I want her to be as in-love with her body in ten years as she is now.

For my husband. He deserves to have a beautiful wife who is happy and healthy inside, and out.




And most importantly, for me! I want to feel energetic. I want to enjoy shopping, and not just for shoes. I want to feel attractive. I want to show my daughter (and my son) what a strong, positive, healthy, beautiful woman should be.

I am documenting this journey for me. To get my thoughts out (instead of eating them). To have a record of my progress. To have for reflection. And, for you, my friend. Hopefully YOU will be able to relate or have words of advice or encouragement. This is a journey, and those are always more fun with friends.

1 comment: