Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Successes

The past 24 hours have been wonderful and slightly surreal. Here are some reasons why:


1. I compromised at lunch. I had packed my own food, but my Grandma had the kids and I over for lunch. I had a small serving of spaghetti (instead of my packed lunch), but then I did have the serving of fruit that I brought. Well balanced and a good example for my children.


2. I was able to exchange a dress and sweater at Old Navy for a smaller size! I am in love with the dress and can't wait for the weather to cooperate so I can wear it.


3. My husband helped prepare an amazing dinner of steak, mashed potatoes, and brocolli. I enjoyed a serving of potatoes, lots of brocolli, and 1/2 my steak. I left the table satisfied - not stuffed and guilty.


4. I went out in the freezing rain to get to the YMCA. Normally I would have let the inclement weather be an excuse for staying home.


5. At the Y I completed the first workout for the c25k program.



6. I was still smiling after the workout. I actually enjoyed myself.


7. I burned 285 calories. Not earth-shattering, but way better than the zero I would have burned staying home.

8. This is what the scale read this morning. 172.8!! That's a total loss so far of -19.4 pounds.

What have been your successes this week? Do share!

1 comment: