Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Lifetime Ago

It seems like a lifetime ago when I last stepped on the scale and it read a number like this.

It really hasn't been a lifetime, but it might as well have been. It was March of 2004, and I had just found out I was pregnant with our first child, a son (you know, the one who turned 6 last November?!). I still have the doctor's records that said I was 171 that fateful day.

So, today I was elated when the scale read a number solidly in the 170's. And, to top it off, I wore the next size smaller in pants. That's a size that I haven't fit into in 7 years too.

Today was an amazing day!

Honestly, with conferences at school and having a nasty cough, I haven't worked out like I wanted to. I didn't think that the scale would have moved so much. But in my reflection, I realized that I didn't give myselft slack this weekend. I didn't work out, but I still stuck to healthy eating.

Sure, we ate out. The difference this weekend was that I choose the healthy option. I didn't give myself the excuse to enjoy a few fries or to choose the grilled sandwich. I had salad.
I had salad and I didn't feel deprived. I didn't let myself think about what I was "missing." I didn't have the pity party for myself about "why do I have to eat this?"

I made good choices because I wanted to. For me. For my kids that have never seen my body this size.

3 comments:

  1. What a great day!! One victory at a time!

    And yes, you can join! Are you on Facebook? We have a group on there planning this 5k. Friend me: Sabrina McKnight - I am wearing black with a red backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! So so so happy for you to be back at your "smaller" weight - the one you pine over! Time to set even MORE goals to accomplish!! :) You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete