Wednesday, January 19, 2011

C is for Cookie

Weigh-in Wednesday 187.2 (-5lbs.)

I know that it is said that you shouldn't deprive yourself while on the weight loss journey. Just have a little bit to satisfy the craving and be done. Only one problem with that - I am not good at having a little bit. So, until I have more control (which I'm working on), I just don't want to temp myself.

But, I have been really (I mean REALLY) wanting chocolate sweets for the past few days. Maybe it's the brownies and cookies that my students bring for snack each day, but darn, I couldn't get it out of my mind. I knew I needed to do something to clear my head. But what?

Then I remembered a vegan cook book that I own (yup, I was vegan for about a year...for fun) had some cookie recipes. I tweaked one to better suit my craving and my family's tastebuds, and they are delicious. I had one. I consider that a victory for today.



Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies with Peanut Butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In one bowl mix 1 cup white flour, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.

In another bowl combine 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.

Add in the dry ingredients. Stir. Mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips (karob or dairy free chips, or nuts or dried fruit would be yummy too).

Bake for 12-14 minutes.

Makes roughly 2 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Girl... that is awesome. I have a super hard time with control. So having just one is a great accomplishment. :) keep up your hard work

    ReplyDelete