Sunday, January 9, 2011

Packing a Lunch

I don't about you, but weekends are often filled with family events that ultimately revolve around a meal, and today was no exception.

We were invited to my uncle and aunts house for lunch and snowmobiling. Lunch was fried fish, which honestly I don't really like. In the past, I would have had a small bit of fish just to be polite, and then whatever the sides were.

But today, I brought my own lunch. I packed a spicy Boca Chickn patty, salad, and light ranch dressing. It was delicious! I didn't feel deprived or tempted by the other foods. But, was it rude? How do you handle eating with others when you know what is being served isn't the best choice for you - eat before, bring your own, or just eat very little?

1 comment:

  1. As far as healthy eating from a diet standpoint is concerned, I eat the less-healthy things as minimally as possible and drink lots of water so I don't get hungry (and therefore tempted to overindulge). The whole "eating at other peoples' places" tends to be an more of an issue for me because I'm a vegetarian and often eat in non-vegetarian homes. I politely decline meat.
    So proud of you as you walk this journey - love reading your updates... you update more often than I do. :)

    ReplyDelete