Monday, January 31, 2011

Mix It Up

I love pasta. My kids love pasta.

One of my favorite pasta dishes I learned from my mother-in-law. An easy version of chicken cordon bleu. It has baked chicken, wrapped in sliced ham and swiss cheese, covered in marinara sauce and served over noodles. I haven't made it in months.

While shopping this week I bought Dreamfield's pasta in attempts to eat as normal (you know, not cutting out an entire food group) and yet healthy as possible and we made the penne tonight.

I made hamburger meat sauce for the kiddos - their fave.

But then I mixed it up (my current dinner and favorite recipe, that is). In a small bowl, I mixed some sliced deli ham (only 45 cals. a serving) into classic sauce (70 cals) and served with a proper portion of noodles. It was delicious.

And, honestly, I feel inspired to try to mimic some of my old faves, but with a new lighter twist.

What's your favorite lightly twisted recipe?

1 comment:

  1. I recently made Hungry Girl's no-pudge Fudge Brownies - with a box of brownie mix, a can of pumpkin, and some PB swirled on top. 65 calories/piece and SO DELICIOUS!! :)

    ReplyDelete