Saturday, January 8, 2011

Leaving a Friend Behind


Yup, I did. I started this journey and left my dear a friend, Diet Coke, behind.


You might think that I am kidding, but DC and I have been through alot. She was there on late nights during college, and all my tired days of new-parenting. She offered up some caffinated energy, and most importantly comfort. But, on this new journey - the one to be healthy (not just skinny) - we had to part ways.


Recently there have been studies about the effects of artificial sugars on the body. Claims that they cause one to crave sugars/carbohydrate, that they can cause muscle issues, and the list goes on. Soda pop, diet or not, can effect your teeth, causing cavities and darkening your teeth. The sugar, real or fake, is not in the best interest of my body. So, since we weren't on the same page regarding my healthiness, we parted ways.


It has been 3 days since I have had pop. This is not to say that I am never going to have pop again, but when I do, it will be in moderation (which is a lesson I am learning). And, this journey has helped me embrace my love for a new friend, water - someone does have an interest in my health.

3 comments:

  1. oh man... more power to you. I love Diet Coke (and Diet Dr Pepper). Good luck on that journey! I'm too weak to give it up! I love caffeine too much. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. and FYI- I totally voted for you in the PFG challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My love is Diet Dr Pepper! I have one a week, maybe two!

    I have been at this for a while, but just hit my "reset" button for the new year. Looks as though we started at the same place... 192.2. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete