Monday, January 17, 2011

Ramblings

How many of you can say you've done frozen turkey bowling? Well, after driving 300 miles, my kids can. We spent the weekend visiting my in-laws. It was a nice trip, but it was filled with eating out, lots of time sitting in the car, and very chilly weather (-33 F on Sunday morning).

The PFG event was this weekend. I really wanted to go! Honestly, as I read blogs on Friday speaking about the upcoming weekend event, I felt like that girl in high school who couldn't go to the popular kid's party because she had to be with family. Don't get me wrong, I loved my weekend with my husband, children, and parents, but I was still bummed to miss such a cool event. Next time. Definitely next time.

I was very conscientious about my food choices this weekend. I know that I didn't eat as healthy as I would at home, but part of that was due to what was available. I did my best, and next time I know what to bring to help me be more successful. Oh, and did I mention that I did the Shred DVD? Yes, I brought it with (much to my husband's dismay) and actually did it. I didn't even stop when people came into the room. That is HUGE!

Well, tomorrow I go back to work. I have my breakfast ready (a protein bar and banana), lunch (chicken breast, lettuce, yogurt) and snack (apple) packed, and water bottles filled. I am ready for a successful day. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. -33 F is TOO cold! holy cow! and I know how hard it is to eat when you are out of your comfort zone (aka home). You just have to do the best you can. and Yay! for you doing Shred. Way to be accountable. :)

    ReplyDelete